Saturday 18 February 2012

Barn, horses...

Driving Dande: The driver's
view from the cart.
It's hard to hold the camera when you're driving, but I managed to get this photo yesterday morning, of me sitting on the Meadowbrook cart driving Dande. Of course, if I had been lucky the photo would have captured our reflection in the mirror and you would see the cart as well.


Lusi came down to the barn with me; she travelled exceptionally well in her crate and waited patiently for me. I put her big knuckle bone and a chewy in her crate to keep her occupied but I think she hunkers down and has a nap for most of the time when I am not around.


After driving, I let her off leash and she ran around the paddocks. She is definitely getting quite comfortable around the barn now and ran in with me to get Dande so that we could walk him up the hill together and put him in his paddock. I had some liver treats which I used to get her to sit at the gate as I opened it up and walked the horse through. 


Cynthia and Carola got Lusi to sit with the treats I had bought to the barn; she sat on command surprisingly well but really wanted to give them both hugs and kisses. I do not think either of them are dog owners so they are a little apprehensive of her greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment