Friday 17 February 2012

Improving Rear End Awareness

Step stool..... $10.00
Photo of Lusi saying, 
"Am I doing it right? Now do I get a liver treat?" ....Priceless!


Now do I get a liver treat?
A great game for increasing rear end awareness in agility dogs; they learn that front and hind legs can position differently and move independently! We initially learned this game at our puppy agility class at Game On Dog Training.

Today I found this colourful step stool at Winners and could not resist getting it as part of our agility equipment.

When I showed the stool to Lusi she just stared at it initially. Then she nudged it...and bingo, guess what, she got a liver treat!

"Oh my...I just remembered what we do with this," she says getting up on it with both front paws.

I walk at her side, my body backing towards hers so that she starts to rotate around the stool moving her back paws only and keeping her front paws on the stool.
Great job Lusi! Nice behaviour shaping!

No comments:

Post a Comment